Sunday, January 16, 2011

abstract painting

This is an abstract act practice we had last year in class. We were required to choose a photo and do 20 abstract painting from that .
original picture
This is a picture of a town near water in China called 'Jiangnan Shuixiang'.I thought this scene is quite peaceful and nice so i chose it.
1-4:color pencil and water color.
I tried to catch important things in the photo and emphasize them in my abstracts ,like house,tree and boat.

5:pestle
This time i emphasized on the colour of the major components of the photo so it is kind of blended .Then I drew certain things clearly to help audience understand what the colours represent. 

6.medium;pestal

7.medium: marker
This one is quite straightforward.

8.medium: pestle
I used a lot of lines.

9. medium: watercolor


10. medium:watercolor
The tow lower ones are inspired by artists, one is a Chinese artist and the other is a Spanish artist.
11.medium : watercolor
I was a bit running out of ideas so though maybe i  could use different shapes like rectangles and lines or dots with different colors to represent tree water and house.

final work medium: acrylic paint
This is a combination of flowers -which my partner chose and house and water-which i chose.


No comments:

Post a Comment