Thursday, September 8, 2011

coursework 7-trying out of oil painting

After the long research, i am finally setting foot on my final work. The first thing that i need to do is to find a suitabel media for myself. Although i am relatively better at pencil work ,it is not very plausible for me to do the final work in pencil because i suppose the colour would not be striking enough. So i set my eyes on oil painting as i can paint over and over i have something nor satisfied with it :)

It is a hard time for me at first as i have no idea how much oil ,paint  or turpentine i should add to make paint suitable for drawing. So the four painting below apprantly have varied degree of smoothness. The flower is very dry, the boy seems a bit too oily( as the edge is also yellow from OIL).I am most satisfied with the box as i made up my mind to use quite big contrast in paint colour and the effect turned out quite ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment